Monday, December 1, 2014

Conquering Jinja

After a few weeks of riding a roller coster, I have finally come to some flat ground. About 3 weeks ago, I packed up all of my belongings and was ready to hit the road. The Fishers are nearing the end of their time here in Uganda so it was time for me to get out on my own and find a place to settle into.
I took one of my bags, and headed over to Sole Hope Guest house. This is where I resided for about 2 weeks. It had been a great accommodation for me during the transition. I am very blessed to have a place like this right down the road from the Fisher's compound. Although I would have loved to move into my 'new home' instead of moving to a guest house first, I had no choice at this time because - well, I had no home. I was going through many emotions. Some moments I was feeling very confident in what God had planned for me, then other times the devil snuck in and made me doubt. It was frustrating, because the whole time I knew God was with me, but when the devil attacked I just couldn't fight the feeling of defeat. Over this period of searching, I've had about 4 different living options, but all of them seemed to fall through right at the moment I thought I had found 'the place'. One house in particular, seemed like a perfect match. It is a small, 2 bedroom house, on a walled-in compound. A quaint house with a big yard, perfect for just a couple people. It was the 'perfect place'. BUT, as soon as I seriously inquired about the place I found out it was taken :(. I was crushed, but not even 24 hours later God worked His magic and the house was available! I am so excited to start this new journey, in a new home. I must admit - I am very excited to decorate! I am so blessed to have found such a perfect place, and I am so happy I waited for the right opportunity. Here are just a few pictures of the new place.

The new humble abode 

The compound 

Living room

My bedroom

Not only have I acquired a new home, I have also gained a pretty sweet roommate. One of the girls I had befriended over the last 2 months has decided to fulfill her calling to stay in Jinja a while longer. Amber has a gentle spirit, and I am so excited to learn from her over her extended stay! Serving along side of her is going to be such a knowledgeable and rewarding experience.

I want to thank you all for praying for me during these changes, I could not have made it through without them. As for ministry, I am not quite sure what I will be doing over the next couple of months. I will still be serving for the Fisher's for the next week and from then I will be praying that God opens up doors for ministry.

Prayer Requests:
- My sister, Maddie, is 'leaving on a jet plane' tomorrow to visit me in Uganda for a couple weeks! :) Please pray for safety and easy traveling.
- The Fisher family. Pray that the adoption process can get finished up this week. They plan to fly home in 2 weeks, but that could create problems if the adoptions are not complete by then.
- Amber needs some prayers as she is talking with the airlines trying to change her return flight home, being in Uganda (with slow internet) this makes things very frustrating. Pray that she can get that all figured out soon so she can have peace about staying longer. Also, for guidance as she decides where the Lord wants her to minister during the next 3 months.
- Ministry opportunities for me. I have no doubt that this (Uganda) is where I am supposed to be, but I just want the Lord to direct me and put me where He wants me. I want to serve where/who He wants me to. Pray for listening ears and open eyes.

I hope you all enjoyed your Holiday weekend with your families. I am so thankful for the family and friends I have here in Jinja. For the first time ever I enjoyed a Thanksgiving outside under the blue skies and sunshine. Thanks to our dance party with the kids, I was even sweating a little. It was a wonderful day, full of laughter and memories.

May God bless all of you as this crazy holiday month continues. Slow down and enjoy the season.

Love you all!

Grace & Peace

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kendall....so happy for you and Amber. The house looks adorable and just perfect!! I am looking forward to hearing where God places you. Please give Amber a big hug from me as well.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete